This is a detailed Streatham area guide for everyone interested in the district. Streatham is a great part of London and here we’re going to showcase some of its key venues and entertainment centres. Here is what it means to be living in Streatham.
Streatham is a part of the Borough of Lambeth, and it consists of three areas: Streatham Wells, Streatham Hill, and Streatham South – each has an approximate population of 15,000. Arguably the most famous location in Streatham High Road which was voted the “worst street in Britain” in 2002 due to the daytime traffic.
As a response to that during the next two years, the Council started work on Streatham Green. The Green lightened the load on the road and later won the ‘London Spade’ award from the Metropolitan Public Gardens Association for having the best open space scheme in the capital.
Streatham Rail Stations
Everything you need to know about parking in Streatham can be found on the official Lambeth Council Website. There’s information about applying for parking permits, fees, fines, pay and display machines and more. If you’re living in Streatham, this would be most needed information.
Book Fantastic Removals for a Quick Relocation
Enter your postcode to view our rates and availability in your area.
Schools in Streatham
For people living in Streatham, who intend to make a family, we should state there is a wide variety of schools to choose from. From ordinary primary and secondary schools to specialized ones, the area offers a wide variety of educational institutions that parents can choose from.
The Streatham Festival is an annual event which started in 2001. It’s a week-long celebration of local talent during which you can view artists from every genre.
It provides opportunities for everyone to practice and develop skills, and most importantly build a community. More information can be found here: streathamfestival.com
Living in Streatham Common
Streatham Common is a large nature reserve on the southern edge of Streatham well known for its old cedar trees. It’s traditionally used to play cricket and the lawns of the Common are used as an open-air theatre in the summer. The annual kite event is also held here.
The Streatham Theatre is open for everyone and offers a variety of plays and performances. More information can be found here: streathamtheatre.org.uk
Restaurants in Streatham
- Bar 61 is one of the best family restaurants in the capital with a high standard of personal service. The atmosphere has a relaxed yet upbeat charm and turns a lot of customers into friends. Book a table at bar61.com
- Perfect Blend. Perfect Blend has been in business for ten years now giving the hungry customers of Streatham top quality food. The restaurant is open until two in the morning.
- Beyrouths. Voted as one of the 100 cheapest places in London by TimeOut London, Beyrouths offers all kinds of Middle Eastern cuisine. Book a table at beyrouths.com
- Five Bells. The Five Bells is a traditional pub offering a wide selection of ales, live music, and fresh delicious food perfect for everyone’s needs. Book a table at fivebellspub.co.uk
- The Earl Ferrers. Another great place for relaxation, drinks and good food. You’ll find that the Earl Ferrers is the best place for billiards, darts and fun activities.
Image source: zhu difeng / shutterstock.com